Sunday 19 April 2009

So near but yet so far...

I thought I would be able to tell you all that I was now a qualified divemaster today but alas I can not.  I am still short on a few things and have a couple more days grace to get it all together.

Still to complete is the dive equipment exchange exercise.  This involves sharing one regulator for breathing whilst you swap all your equipment with your buddy.  Mask, BCD, Weights etc.  It is straight foward if taken in nice easy steps - But I, like you hate having to do tasks underwater without the ability to breathe.  I also have to complete the dive mapping exercise.  I have dived the site and just have to draw up the map with all the contours and depths etc.

A new instructor has arrived to help in the shop and she is proving a real help as it is another viewpoint and trainer I can learn from.  

The PADI Course Director arrives today to teach Simon his IDC Staff Instructor qualification.  It will be the same CD that teaches Antonio and me the IDC course which starts on Thursday.  Already trying to crack on through the Pre-Study section of my Instructor Candidate workbook.  Lots of reading and questions.  At the end of the IDC I will then have a 2 day Instructor examination which will be conducted by someone flying in from PADI Europe in Switzerland.  In this exam we will be joined by some candidates from another dive shop from Marbella called Happy Divers.  I really want to do myself and Simply Diving proud by passing but I know that it will not be easy by any means.  I must be able to perform tasks and activities to demonstration standard.

The weather over the past week has been a bit changeable and I have seen the first rain showers since being here.  It has brightened up though and next week is supposed to be really good.

Really miss Amanda after our great week together last week.  I know she will be feeling the pressure of the last term and my hat really goes off to her for all the work and effort she has put in.  Not long before I join her again but this time in South of France for the May break.

Will keep you updated as to how I go in the Divemaster program and how the IDC shapes up.

Take care

1 comment:

  1. ...and my hat off to you darling for all you are doing, you must keep your chin up and believe in yourself. You are more than capable and must be patient with yourself. I'm thinking of you and missing you terribly. You'll do it, you are brilliant! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger